How To Enter A New Journal
Zumzum Financials Knowledge Base
- Go to Transactions
- Select New Journal
- Firstly you can enter a Reference to make it easier for yourself in the future to understand the entry.
- Next, select the Posting Date, today’s date will be automatically selected this can be edited, however.
- Then select the Status of the Journal. The options are Draft, Approved, Pending Approval and Cancelled.
- The next step is to add the entry, the first thing to fill in is the N/C (Nominal Code).
- The next field, Name, should auto-fill once you have selected the Nominal Code but can be manually entered if this does not autocomplete.
- You can now add some Detail if you wish to for further reference in the future.
- Then you can select the VAT which will be applied to the total.
- Finally, enter the Credit or Debit amount.
- (Optionally) Click on the Dimensions sub tab and enter the correct Dimensions assigned to the product .
- Dimensions may be loaded automatically, if they are assigned to the product template, however, you may still override the default dimension values.
- Dimensions must match the Dimension field, e.g. Dimension 1 field will only accept a dimension with the Type as Dimension 1, otherwise you will receive an error.
- Dimensions must be “Active” in order to be able to save the line item.
- To save select add and then repeat step 6 – 10 for all the entries you wish to add.
- The last Step is to select Save Draft or Save and Post:
- Save Draft will save the record so you can access it and edit it. It will not yet be posted to the ledger.
- Save and Post will post the Journal to the ledger, you will not be able to edit once this is done.