Create a Customer Payment on Account
Use the Customer Receipt screen to record your customer Payments on Account.
A number of records are created in the system when you post a Customer Receipt as a Payment on Account, which will reduce the balance owed by your customer, increase the balance in your bank account and reduce the balance of your Debtors Control Account.
Creating a Customer Receipt
- Go to the Zumzum Financials Bank tab.
- Select the Customer Receipts option.
- Select the Bank Account the customer payment should be received into.
- Now select the Tax rate to be applied to the Amount.
- Find the Customer account for the Bank Receipt you wish to post.
- Select the Date of the Bank Receipt, today’s date is auto selected but you can edit the date by selecting the field and choosing a new date from the drop-down calendar.
- You manually enter the Amount you wish to book against a payment on account (do not enter any values against the Sales Invoice Line Items).
- Click Save or Save and New to post the Customer Receipt as a Payment on Account.
- A message dialogue will appear including the “Amount” you have entered – “There is an unallocated balance of <Amount>
Do you want to post this as Payment on Account?”
- Select OK to proceed and your Payment on Account will be posted to the system.
Additional Records Created in the System when posting a Customer Receipt in the Zumzum Financials
When you post a Customer Receipt in Zumzum Financials, several records are created in the system to record the transaction. The Customer Receipt posting will create new records in Zumzum financials:
Also, when a Sales Receipt is posted to the ledger, the system will create a Batch Bank Receipt record in the system.
You can find the Batch Bank Receipt Tab to view the Bank Receipts posted in Zumzum Financials. Batch Bank Receipts record the relevant information you added when posting a Customer Receipt (amount, currency, bank account, date, etc.). The Batch Bank Receipt record contains the following child records;
- Each Batch Bank Receipt record will contain one or more Bank Receipt Records, to store the details of the customer payment.
- Each Bank Receipt Record will contain one or more Bank Receipt Line Items to display one record for each Sales Invoice Line Items that the customer payment payment is allocated to.